As FBI agents investigate the death of an American vacationing in MexicoMexican authorities revealed Tuesday night that 25-year-old Shanquela Robinson may have been alive and receiving treatment from a medical professional for several hours before authorities arrived and she was pronounced dead. ABC News learned

Featured video from previous report.

A paramedic at the scene allegedly told Robinson’s friends that Robinson was drunk, dehydrated and that they needed to take her to the hospital. However, according to the authorities, they refused to do so.

The new report differs greatly from the initial autopsy report obtained by ABC News, which said paramedics arrived at Robinson’s villa at 3 p.m., and she was pronounced dead within 15 minutes. An autopsy revealed that Robinson died of a severe spinal cord injury and a sprained neck.

Authorities did not respond to ABC News’ request for comment on the difference between their report and the autopsy.

According to the new police report, Robinson’s friends sought medical attention at 2:13 p.m. After a general practitioner from the American Medical Center arrived at the address in Puerto Los Cabos, Robinson’s friends told the medical professional that she had consumed a lot of alcohol. .

Medical personnel said they noticed Robinson had poor speech response, was intoxicated and dehydrated, but his vital signs were stable, according to the police report. A paramedic at the scene advised Robinson’s friends to take her to the hospital, but the friends insisted she stay at the villa, the report said.

At 4:20 p.m., Robinson began convulsing, and that’s when one of Robinson’s friends, Venter Essence Donovan, called 911. When EMS arrived, police said Robinson began having trouble breathing and his heart rate dropped.

At 4:49 p.m., the GP said they stopped feeling Robinson’s pulse and began CPR until paramedics arrived. They continued with 14 sessions of CPR and five doses of epinephrine without success. According to the police report, Robinson went into asystole (a type of cardiac arrest). Robinson was pronounced dead at 5:57 p.m., the report said

According to the new police report, Mexican authorities were notified by Donovan about Robinson’s condition around 5 p.m. local time.

Donovan and all of Robinson’s friends who were with her in Cabo did not respond to ABC News’ repeated requests for comment.

Earlier this month, the FBI opened an investigation into Robinson’s death, which Mexican authorities are investigating as a femicide, a form of gender-based violence.

Robinson, from Charlotte, North Carolina, traveled to the resort town of San Jose del Cabo on the southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula with six friends on October 28.

According to Robinson’s family, they were staying at a rented villa in Fundadores, an exclusive gated community with vacation homes and a private beach club.

The next day, Robinson’s parents said they received a call from their daughter’s friends telling them she had died.

With new information developing, the Robinson family is still seeking answers from her friends who know what happened that weekend in Cabo. Salamondra Robinson, Shankwella Robinson’s mother, said she is happy the FBI stepped in to help solve her daughter’s case so it “doesn’t go to waste.”

“I would like to see every one of them sent back to Mexico because they planned to come back here thinking they wouldn’t be prosecuted,” Robinson told ABC News. “She was a caring person … and I want them to always remember that. We’re going to keep her legacy alive.”

ABC News’ Sabina Gebremedhin, Jessica Mendoza and Eric Jones contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2022 ABC News Internet Ventures.

Source link