Home USA News Federal payments halted for new admissions to Menlo Park Veterans Home |...

Federal payments halted for new admissions to Menlo Park Veterans Home | Video

115
0

Federal officials have stopped paying for all new appointments at the Menlo Park Veterans Memorial Home, effectively stopping the home from accepting new patients, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Officials have said they will end all Medicare and Medicaid funding if the agency does not improve conditions by March 2023.

Federal investigators said they found “significant” compliance problems at the home in September, such as failure to follow infection control measures, and the facility has not improved since then. The payment freeze began Tuesday, the same day the Murphy administration sent a “critical” team to the home to help improve care for veterans living there.

The views of our advertisers and sponsors are their own and are not endorsed by NJ Spotlight News.

Source link