• New Jersey Blood Service, a division of the New York Blood Center will conduct blood donations that are open to the public. The following trips are scheduled: March 1, Chelsea at Tinton Falls, 1 Hartford Drive, Tinton Falls, 12: 30-18: 30; March 8, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 150 River Road, Red Bank, 1-19 p.m .; March 22, Lincroft Bible Church, 790 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, 1-19 p.m .; March 24, Holy Redeemer, 133 Amboy Road, Matawan, 1-19 p.m .; March 28, North Centerville Volunteer Fire Company No. 1, 372 Middle Road, Hazlet, 1-19 p.m .; and March 31, Church of St. Dorothy, 240 Broad St., Eatontown, 12: 30-18: 30 To donate blood, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit
• Shalom Temple of Aberdeen, 5 Ayrmont Lane, Aberdeen Township, will be collecting diapers, baby formula and baby wipes for donations to the Jersey Diaper Center on Feb. 25 from 4-6 p.m. at yemple’s parking lot. Central Jersey Diaper Bank provides free baby formulas and diapers, as well as napkins, clothing and other items for low-income families. Details: email email@example.com
• Monmouth County National Seed Replacement Day at the Park System will be held Feb. 26 from 10:30 a.m. at Tatum Park Activity Center Red Hill, Red Hill Road, Middletown. This event invites local gardeners to exchange vegetable seeds, annuals, perennials and local seeds for something new. Details are available at www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or by calling 732-872-2670.
• Monmouth County officials planned paper shredding activities so that residents could safely dispose of old documents and confidential files. All shredding activities will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations: March 26, Hazlet Public Works Department, Leokadia, 39; May 21, Eatontown Municipal Area near Trockmorton Avenue; July 9, Matawan-Aberdeen Railway Station, parking 1; Aug. 20, Aberdeen City Hall, 1 Aberdeen Square; Sept. 10, Union Beach Recycling Center, 1,400 Florence Avenue; and Nov. 12, Middletown North High School, 63 Tindall Drive, Middletown. County residents can shred up to 100 pounds of paperwork. Large binder clamps must be removed from the documents; staples and paper clips may remain. Information on paper shredding and recycling activities can be found in the recycling section of the county website www.visitmonmouth.com or by calling 732-683-8686, ext. 8967.
• Monmouth County The library offers six classes available at any time and without prior registration for virtual yoga, highlighting breathing, movement, stretching and other activities. Each program is offered at https: // ly / MonCoLibraryYoga. The program is offered by Stephen Russell of Becoming Sound. Those interested can choose their own path with movements from the six most popular series of library video classes. Yoga Breathing Sessions; Yoga Stretching; Yoga movement; Yoga Stretching with support; Yoga at home on the floor; and Yoga at home standing. Individuals should consult a physician before beginning any exercise program.
• New Jersey Blood Servicesa division of the New York Blood Center, will hold blood donations on the following dates: Feb. 28, North Centerville Volunteer Fire Department, no. 1, 372 Middle Road, Hazlet, 13-19 p.m. To donate blood, call 1-800 -933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• Jewish heritage The Monmouth County Museum presents the Jewish-American experience: bringing Jewish institutions together, a series of Zoom programs involving representatives of Jewish museums across the country. The program schedule includes the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest, Feb. 27 at 2 p.m. Admission is $ 5 per program. To get a link to Zoom, call 732-252-6990 or visit http://www.jhmomc.org
• New Jersey Blood Service, the New York Blood Center unit is looking for volunteers to help donors at regional blood donations. No medical training required. Volunteers should be friendly to provide friendly customer service, be able to perform tasks as needed and should present evidence of vaccination against COVID before volunteering. There must be transport. All training is underway, including safety precautions for staff and blood donors. For more information, call or email Sharon Zates at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood donation volunteer, go to https://www.nybc.org/support-us/ volunteer-nybc / volunteer-application /
• Embroidery Guild America – Monmouth section is dedicated to learning and sharing the joys of handicrafts. The organization welcomes seamstresses of all levels. Evening seamstresses will meet through Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Daytime embroiderers will meet through Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10am. Details: Tony, 732-462-5540, or visit the website: www.mcega. arg
Items for the Notebook can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks before the scheduled event.