Members of the Hightstown High School (HHS) branch of DECA New Jersey joined more than 5,000 high school students in business, finance, hospitality and marketing at the association’s annual career development conference held February 28-March 2 at Harrah’s Resort and Spa in Atlantic City.
The following students received recognition for individual abilities and achievements at the association level:
• Arav Raval – a series of business services marketing
• Ansh Dalia – Financial Advisory Event
• Siya Budadev – a series of fast food restaurant management
• Ethan Martin, Sarah Malinak, Anshal Village – Project Management: Career Development
• Simran Malkan, Vidhi Chalani, Maanya Kumar – Project Management: Career Development
In addition, HHS DECA members have earned competitive places at the International Career Development Conference for their place in the “Vital Issues – Virtual Events for Business” competition:
• Parth Patel – restaurant
• Kai Vista – hotel
• Ethan Martin, Sarah Malinak, Anshal Vyas – sports marketing
HHS DECA also received invitations for four additional branch members to participate in the Emerging Leadership Academy Series to complete numerous projects on public awareness, school awareness and participation in branches.
These students will compete at an international level at the DECA International Career Development Conference to be held April 23-26 in Atlanta.
“We are so proud of all our members of the department, and it’s really amazing to see HHS DECA members meeting the challenges they have faced in the current events of the last two years – and rising above them to continue to be successful and professional,” she said. said Kelsey Petrasek, advisor to Hightstown DECA.