NEWNow you can listen to Fox News articles!

Bryson DeChambo renounced his participation in the Arnold Palmer Invitational on Monday, saying he did not want to risk further hand and hip injuries because he was not fully prepared to defend his Bay Hill title.

CLICK HERE FOR GREATER SPORTS ON FOXNEWS.COM

De Chambo has not competed since leaving the first round of Saudi International on 3 February. Last week he missed a cut in Torrey Pines.

“Man, now is a difficult decision,” DeChambo said Instagram post. “I have a lot of work to get back in order this week. I just feel like it’s too short a time for me to get back to 100%. Now I’m 90%.” I don’t want to go outside and do it myself it hurts more and not be 100% until the end of the season ”.

FILE – Bryson DeChambo holds her championship trophy after winning the Arnold Palmer Invitational Golf Tournament on Sunday, March 7, 2021, in Orlando, Florida. DeChambo renounced his participation in the Arnold Palmer Invitational on Monday, February 28, 2022, saying he did not want to risk further arm and hip injuries because he was not fully prepared to defend his Bay Hill title.
(AP Photo / John Raoux, file)

DeChambo said he would try to be ready for the players ’championship next week. He said he could beat golf balls in the simulator, but that’s not “convenient”.

“It’s just not ready yet,” he said.

He was dealing with a bruised bone on his left arm. And he said he injured his thigh when he slipped and fell in Saudi Arabia.

CLICK HERE TO SAVE FOX NEWS

De Chambo has been in talks with Saudi-funded LIV Golf Investments about the proposed rival league. A week ago, after Dustin Johnson announced his support for the PGA Tour, DeChambo said he wanted to play against the best players, and as long as they are on the PGA Tour, he will be there.

Source link

Previous articleThe mandate for the New Jersey school bus mask will be lifted on March 7. Here’s what we know
Next articleJimenez says he is vying for another term