Thursday, September 29, 2022
Home USA News Applications to the New Jersey Excluded Residents Fund exceed the $ 40...

Applications to the New Jersey Excluded Residents Fund exceed the $ 40 million limit Video

95
0

The state says potential payments from the New Jersey Excluded Residents Fund have already exceeded the $ 40 million limit. More than 20,000 residents have turned to the fund, which provides one-time cash payments of up to $ 4,000 per family. About 4,000 applications have been approved so far, while the vast majority are still awaiting approval. New Jersey has set up a fund for undocumented immigrants and others who have not received federal cash assistance under COVID-19.

To date, the state has paid more than $ 9 million, but the fund will end when all nearly 14,000 pending applications are approved. Despite this, the state says it will continue to accept applications until the end of the month, and anyone who receives a permit will receive benefits. Immigrant attorneys say the fund doesn’t go far enough to meet the needs of about half a million undocumented immigrants living in the state.

Opinions expressed by our advertisers and sponsors are their own and are not supported by NJ Spotlight News.

Source link

Previous articleIndependent Datebook, February 23 – centraljersey.com
Next articleClose to Bill Ritter: Katie Hochul seeks approval from State Democratic Party, Bill Breton talks about rising crime