Is today your lucky day?
Here are the Wednesday, October 26, 2022 winning Powerball numbers:
19 – 36 – 37 – 46 – 56 and Powerball 24
Powerplay was 2x
The lottery jackpot was estimated at $700 million with a cash option of $335.7 million. Powerball website. It is the fifth largest Powerball and the eighth largest jackpot in US lottery history.
No winner was determined Wednesday, so the jackpot will grow to about $800 million with a cash option of $383.7 million during Friday night’s drawing. It will be the second largest Powerball in history and the fifth largest jackpot in US lottery history.
Six tickets sold in California (2), Connecticut, Illinois, Michigan and New York matched all five white balls to win the million-dollar prize on Wednesday.
The jackpot was last won on the evening of August 3 a Pennsylvania lottery winner took home $206.9 million.
Meanwhile, the Mega Millions jackpot is $64 million with a $31 million cash option, according to Mega Millions website.
Until recently, New Jersey lottery winners had to be identified, but now winners will be able to remain anonymous under a new law signed by Governor Phil Murphy.
How do I play Powerball?
Powerball drawings are held three times a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:59 p.m Monday pictures were added in 2021.
The ticket costs $2, but you can add a Power Play for $1, which will increase your potential prize by five times the original prize (excluding Jackpot and Match 5). There is also a 10x Power Play option if the jackpot is less than $150 million.
Each player selects five numbers from 1 to 69 for the white balls and one number from 1 to 26 for the red Powerball. However, you can also have the lottery machine generate a quick pick ticket with random numbers for you.
Prizes range from $4 for a Powerball match to $1 million for matching all five white balls (excluding California) and a jackpot for matching all six balls. You can check all prize payouts on the Powerball website here.
Where can I play Powerball?
You can play in 45 states as well as Washington, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Lottery tickets are sold at many grocery stores, gas stations, and convenience stores. Powerball tickets can be purchased online in some states, but beware of scammers. Before purchasing tickets online, check with your state lottery for more information about online sales.
You do not need to be a US citizen or a resident of the state in which you are purchasing your ticket.
Powerball, Mega Millions:These are the luckiest states for jackpot winners
How can I watch the Powerball drawing?
The Powerball drawing is live on the lottery website at 10:59 PM ET on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. You can watch the draw by clicking here.
The sweepstakes may also be shown on a local television station in your market.
What are my chances of winning?
Playing Powerball can be exciting, but don’t spend those millions before you win.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 292,201,338 to 1.
The odds of matching all five white balls are 11,688,053 to 1.
Unlucky? Here are 13 crazy things that are more likely to happen than winning the lottery
What does an available option mean?
Major lotteries in the United States offer two jackpot payment options: annuity and cash.
The annuity option is paid over time. There is an immediate payment, followed by 29 annual payments that increase by 5% each year.
The available option is much lower than the advertised jackpot, but it is paid in a lump sum. You don’t have to wait decades to get all the money.
What was the biggest Powerball jackpot ever?
Here are the top 10 jackpots ever The Powerball lottery started in 1992:
- $1.586 billion January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee
- $800 million, October 26, 2022:
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Win at Wisconsin
- $758.7 million August 23, 2017: Win in Massachusetts
- $730 million, January 20, 2021: Win in Maryland
- $699.8 million, October 4, 2021: Victory in California
- $687.8 million October 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, January 5, 2022: Two winners in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million May 18, 2013: Florida win
- $587.5 million November 28, 2012: Two winners in Arizona, Missouri
What is the biggest US lottery jackpot?
Here’s an overview of the most popular jackpots won in the US Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries:
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee
- 1.537 billion dollars megamillions October 23, 2018: Win at South Carolina
- 1.337 billion dollars megamillions July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion megamillions January 22, 2021: Win at Michigan
- $800 million Powerball, October 26, 2022:
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Win at Wisconsin
- $758.7M Powerball August 23, 2017: Win in Massachusetts
- $730 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021: Win at Maryland
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021: Victory in California
- $687.8 million Powerball, October 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $656 million March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland
- $648 million December 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia
- $632.6 million Powerball January 5, 2022: Two winners in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 Million Powerball May 18, 2013: Win in Florida
- $587.5 million Powerball November 28, 2012: Two winners in Arizona, Missouri
- $564.1 million Powerball, February 11, 2015: Three winners in North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- $543 Million Mega Millions July 24, 2018: California Win
- $536 Million Mega Millions July 8, 20116: Win in Indiana
- $533 million megamillions March 30, 2018: Win at New Jersey
- $522 million megamillions June 7, 2019: Victory in California