The New Jersey Department of Transportation (DOT) has announced 11 grants under the airport improvement program totaling more than $ 8.5 million in government funds to support airport security and improvement projects.

District projects include:

Trenton-Mercer Airport in Ewing Township, Mercer County – to build $ 1 million taxiway lighting: grant $ 900,000, sponsor share $ 100,000.

Trenton Robinsville Airport in Robinsville, Mercer County – Repair of runway runway cracks, design, construction on Phase I for $ 714,433.30: grant amount $ 642,989.97, sponsor share $ 71,443.33.

Somerset Airport in Bedminster, Somerset – Elimination of Phase II Obstacles for $ 386,949.10: Grant Amount $ 348,254.19, Sponsor Share $ 38,694.91

Hillsboro Central Jersey Regional Airport, Somerset – Runway Rehabilitation and Airport Lighting Improvement for $ 768,739.46: Grant $ 691,865.51, Sponsor Share $ 76,873.95

Princeton Airport in Montgomery, Somerset – Western Airport Extension of $ 671,810.09: grant amount $ 604,629.08, sponsor share $ 67,181.01

“General aviation airports not only provide transportation for residents, businesses and guests, but also serve as key economic drivers for local communities,” DOT Commissioner Diana Gutierrez-Scacheti said in a statement issued on 14 February. “These grants will improve our community – use airports to make all aspects of New Jersey’s multimodal transportation system modern and safe.”

Grants are awarded through a competition. Projects receiving funding this year include runway rehabilitation, taxiway construction, improved lighting, barrier elimination and improved security at 11 airports in 8 state counties.

Grants will be funded exclusively through the NJDOT Transport Fund and the Airport Security Fund, with the state providing 90% of eligible costs and the remaining 10% covered by the airport owner, the statement said. With $ 8.5 million in government funding, along with $ 900,000 in airport contributions, more than $ 9.4 million will be done.

Source link

Previous articleMurphy approves Mukherjee in the Senate
Next articleInjury problem for Scarlet Knights in winning